This Page

has been moved to new address

Miscellany Monday - New Year's Edition

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Miscellany Monday - New Year's Edition

Monday, January 3, 2011

Miscellany Monday - New Year's Edition

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Today I am linking up with the lovely Carissa over at lowercase letters for the Miscellany Monday.  I am not sure how miscellany this post will be today!

{1}...How did you celebrate the New Year?  I spent the evening in prayer and worship at my church's House of Prayer.  I could think of no better way to usher in the New Year than in God's presence. It was so refreshing and I came away with my heart so full. 

{2}...Resolutions.  Did you make any?  I have written a post about my main focus this year here, and shared my Word and scripture for 2011 here.  Even though I am reluctant to make resolutions, there are a few goals I would like to achieve.  I would love to lose weight.  However, I want my focus to be "healthy eating".  I may still decide to rejoin Weight Watchers at some point.  But, I have found out about this wonderful book through other bloggers and am thinking about ordering it. 

 Have any of you heard anything about this book?

Another thing I would like to accomplish is to be more intentional about capturing the beauty in my every day life.  For this purpose, I will be linking up with Sara for Project 365.  I will attempt to take one picture a day, focusing on capturing something that is beautiful to me.  Don't worry,  I will not bombard you daily with photos.  But I will have a weekly post on Sunday where you can see what I've been capturing.  Wish me luck!  One more thing I would love to accomplish this year is to get and stay more organized!  Can I hear an AMEN?

{3}...Bible Reading Plan.  Are you participating in a Bible Reading Plan this year?  I am going to be reading through The One Year Bible using YouVersion.  My Pastor shared about this today, and many at our church have jumped on board. You can follow each other along, share bookmarks, notes and thoughts on what you are reading.  You can have an entire community of like-minded people encouraging you as you get into God's Word.  There are many different reading plans to choose from.  If you have an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Android phone you can also download a free app and take it with you.  With my busy life, it really helps to have a structured reading plan.  I am really excited about this!  Oh and if you decide to use YouVersion for your daily reading, I would love for you to be in my community.  You can find me here

{4}...O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree.  My Christmas tree is still sitting pretty, branches in tact, in my house.  I was hoping to get the ornaments off, put away and the tree down today but it didn't happen.  Hopefully tomorrow I will have my living room back. It doesn't really feel like the New Year yet with Christmas still hoovering.

{5}...God is Doing a New Thing!  Just to encourage you, I leave you with this scripture:

For I am about to do something new.
      See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
   I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
      I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
 The wild animals in the fields will thank me,
      the jackals and owls, too,
      for giving them water in the desert.
   Yes, I will make rivers in the dry wasteland
      so my chosen people can be refreshed.
(Isaiah 43:19-20)


Labels: ,