This Page

has been moved to new address

Perspective

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Perspective

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Perspective

Paternò - Sunset in perspectivephoto © 2010 Francesco Pappalardo | more info (via: Wylio)

I found myself losing mine yesterday.  For a moment, most of the day really, I took my eyes off of the reason for the season.  I allowed my circumstances to rise to the forefront and I was once again faced with fear, anxiety and depression.  How does this happen?  How do I walk in joy and victory one day, and fear and anxiety the next?  I just wrote a guest post over at 5 Minutes for Faith about not fearing what appears to be immovable mountains in our lives, and found myself camping at the base of the mountain, forgetting for a moment that I did not have to fear because the Lord was with me, and that with Him ALL things are possible.  

So last night, after regaining my focus, I began to think about perspective. It's the way I see things. Do I want to continue to look at my life as half empty, or have full?  It's about my attitude.  Will I allow myself to become bitter and angry over something that I, in my own strength, cannot change?  It's about choosing joy in the midst of hardship and struggle.  Every new circumstance that my family is faced with that could be a cause for worry, doubt and fear is an opportunity to look up into the face of God, reflect on His promises and faithfulness to us, and realize how truly blessed we are.

I have a loving husband who works hard to provide for our family
and who loves me unconditionally.


My children are healthy and following the Lord.

We have shelter and food on our table.

My family lives nearby and we get to enjoy Christmas together.

Unemployment has brought opportunity for sacrifice and growth.

One car broke down, but we have two that are working.

Not enough money for all that I want to give at Christmas....

but JESUS is FREE!

I have been pondering these scriptures this morning as I allow God to once again breathe hope over my circumstances.

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God!  I will praise him again—my Savior and my God! (Psalm 42:5)
I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.  (Psalm 121:1-2)
"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." (Psalm 16:5-8)
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.  (Psalm 118:1)
I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.  (Psalm 27:13)
How about you?  Have you lost your perspective?  He is with you Beloved One.  May Jesus come afresh and a new and breathe hope over your circumstances.  May you be filled to overflowing with peace and joy!  

Merry CHRISTmas!
 

Labels: , ,