This Page

has been moved to new address

Constant In 2011

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Constant In 2011

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Constant In 2011


I am so excited to share with you the word and scripture that the Lord has spoken to my heart for 2011. 

Constant -
continual, persistent, sustained, unceasing, relentless. 

When I think of this word, it reminds me of God, His Character.  He is the only thing, the only person, who is constant in my life.  He never changes.  He continually cares for me.  He persistently and relentlessly pursues me, even when my heart is not fully His.  He has sustained me through heartache.  His love for me is unceasing.  There are so many areas in my life where I need to be more constant, but none more so than in my relationship with God.  In 2011, I am making Him my focus.  This year, I am resolving to fix my attention on God.

I want to know Him.  
I want to be fascinated by Him.  
I want to be constant in my pursuit of Him,
as He is in His pursuit of me. 

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." 
(Romans 12:12)

2010 was a rough year for my family.  My husband was unemployed off and on throughout the year, and we lost our home.  But God has been faithful to always provide for our every need.  We have had heartache, but we have learned to rejoice in the storm.  We have learned how to hope.  Not just the kind of hope that says "maybe", but the kind of hope that reaches deep down into your soul and clings, with every ounce of strength, to the unknown goodness of the Lord.  The kind of hope that knows, beyond a doubt, that everything will work out, even though you cannot see.

We have learned to be patient in tribulation.  There were many times were we had become frustrated in the process, yet God has shown us how to wait on Him.  Patience is not something that comes easily for me. Especially when we would wait, take a step forward, wait again, then two steps back, and then everything fell apart.  Yet through it all, God was teaching us how to lean into Him, "being patient in our affliction".  

I am still learning how to be constant in prayer.  Sometimes, things just got too difficult, and believe it or not, prayer was what I lacked. But still, God was faithful. This year, I want to be constant in prayer. He has opened my eyes more this year to His faithfulness and His constant presence in my life.

I am looking forward with great anticipation to all that 2011 holds for me and my family.  I cannot say that it will be a year without trials, but I will continue to rejoice, have hope, be patient in tribulation, and especially, be constant in prayer! God is faithful and I know that everything will work out.

Do you have a verse, or word from the Lord for 2011 that you would like to share?  If not, there is still time to pray and ask for one!

Labels: , ,