This Page

has been moved to new address

Talkin About Thursdays - Valentines Day!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Talkin About Thursdays - Valentines Day!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Talkin About Thursdays - Valentines Day!




My friend Genny at My Cup 2 Yours has chosen the topic of "Valentines Day" for our Talkin About Thursdays today. This Valentines was all about family. On Saturday, we celebrated my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary! We told them we were taking them out to dinner to a fancy restaurant. Instead, we invited about 30 people, hired a Taco Truck and a Mariachi Band and surprised them. Here are a few pictures:

Dad, all decked out in his purple dress shirt and shades!


My parents being serenaded by the Mariachi Band. Even though I didn't
understand a word of it, it was good!


My precious parents! They have been through much in their lives.
So thankful for them modeling true commitment and love!

On Sunday morning, I visited my nephew's church to watch him get water baptized. What a glorious site!

My Nephew, Nicholas. Doesn't he look happy?

After church on Sunday, the family gathered at my sisters for a family reunion with my uncle (who has now moved to California to be closer to us) and my aunt from Arizona, who I haven't seen in 10 years and who my mother hasn't seen in about 4 years. My mother was so happy to see her! My dad made Chili Colorado. One of my favorite dishes!


Mom, Aunt Mary, Uncle Jim

Late Sunday night my husband presented me with a gift card to Outback Steakhouse, so we could go have dinner together, just the two of us. I love dinner dates so hopefully we will be doing that soon. My children presented me with more love notes! Gotta love them.

It was a fabulous weekend filled with family, food and fun!

Labels: ,