This Page

has been moved to new address

Going for the Gold

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Going for the Gold

Monday, February 15, 2010

Going for the Gold



My daughter and I have been glued to the TV each night watching the Winter Olympics. Thank goodness for DVRs! For two women who are not all that much into sports, we cannot seem to get away from watching the thrill of victory accomplished, and grieving over the agony of defeat with others. These amazing athletes have trained not just the last four years, but for many of them, their entire lives, for their one moment of glory. They have come to win. They have set their eyes on the ulimate prize - a Gold medal.
As I have observed these athletes all week, I notice they all possess similar critical qualities: intense discipline; focus; world-class training; the will/determination to succeed; and a passion about their future. As I run the race that God has set out for me, I find myself asking these questions:
  1. What has God gifted me to do?
  2. What am I passionate about?
  3. Am I disciplined and focused enough to see it through to completion?
  4. What training have I received/do I need?
  5. Do I have the will and passion to complete the race?
  6. Have I set my eyes on the ultimate prize?
Although I do not have my eyes set on a Gold medal, I choose to focus on the heavenly prize that God, through Christ Jesus has promised. My ultimate goal is to know God and be known by Him. Beyond that, I want to do everything I do with excellence and for the glory of God. God calls us to run this race with excellence. Some days I feel like I am barely muddling through, but still, I press on, knowing that when I cross the finish line I will receive my Great Reward!

I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. (Phil. 3:14)
What goals are you running toward?

Labels: ,