This Page

has been moved to new address

Feeling Overwhelmed

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Feeling Overwhelmed

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Feeling Overwhelmed


I've been feeling a little overwhelmed over the last few days.  I tend to juggle life pretty good on most days, so when I do feel like the weight of the world is crashing down on me, I stop and take a personal inventory. Here are just a few of the things that I am asking the Lord to intervene and come to my rescue in:
  • My 16 year old son started on line school last semester. We are nearing the end of the year and so far I do not see a real change. I know that traditional school will not work for him.  So I am praying through what we will do next year.  He really is not a self-motivated person, but I am not sure I can thrust him back into a full-time school atmosphere either.  I Need God's Wisdom.

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you.  He will not rebuke you for asking. (James 1:5)
  • My house is a complete disaster.  I have only been able to manage to do what absolutely has to be done over the last couple of months (yes, I said months). That includes things like meal planning, grocery shopping, laundry, homework, baths, playing with my kids, time in the Word and in prayer, work and ministry. I just don't seem to have the energy to keep up with the day-to-day tasks to keep my home in order.

  • I received some less than desirable tests results from the doctor yesterday.  In a nut shell, I must begin immediately to make healthier choices concerning my diet and exercise habits. Otherwise, I may be walking down a road God never intended for me to walk down. This is overwhelming to me. I am not a good dieter.  And yes, I know it is a lifestyle change, but I simply do not have the motivation to begin again.  I am afraid I won't be able to get myself to the place where I need to me. I Need God's Strength.

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Cor.12:9-10)
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:13)
  • We are still waiting word from our mortgage company as to whether they will modify our loan so that we can keep our home.  We have been working on this for months.  They let our file expire so we had to start again. It's been extremely frustrating.  I Need God's Peace.  

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! (Isaiah 26:3)
  • My husband is still sort of unemployed.  He has a temporary position which he works off and on, but it is still not a regular trusty source of income.  We really need that in order to be able to make our mortgage payments.

  • Our main freezer is broken.  Thankfully we have a smaller one in the garage, but it does not allow me to shop ahead and freeze things. I am not sure we can afford to fix it.  I need God's provision.

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19)
  • I feel like I am not spending "quality" time with my children.  Yes I work full time and only have so many hours left in the day, but I feel so rushed where they are concerned.  I am praying for creative ways to spend more quality time with them, and am asking the Lord to slow me down so that I am not so rushed. I Need God's Rest.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matt. 11:28-30)

  • I have a bone spur at the bottom of my foot that causes intense pain on most days.  I am told there is nothing they could do for it, other than stretching and good supportive shoes.  What?  I am a Flip-Flip type of gal!  I Need God's Healing.

But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. (Isaiah 53:5)
Despite everything, I am trusting.  I know that He can lift this feeling from me. I do not want to rely on my emotions.  I trust in my loving Heavenly Father who knows I am not perfect and is the One who has everything I need.  He cares for me.

Labels: , , , ,