This Page

has been moved to new address

Random Dozen Time!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Random Dozen Time!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Random Dozen Time!


I'm linking up with my good friend Lid over at 2nd Cup of Coffee for the Random Dozen.  Here are some more random facts about me and my life!

1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?"  No, but I think I've tried to act like the Library policy on more than one occasion.

2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts? I am guilty of purchasing gift wrap items as I go along.  I can't seem to come to a place to spend the money on those things ahead of time.  I am proud to say that I do have a nice tidy place to keep it all organized.

3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?  Yes!  I was working in downtown San Francisco during the Loma Prieta 1989 earthquake.  I was on the 5th floor of a high rise building and it was very scary.  We had to climb down the dark stair way to get out of the building. I remember wandering around SF for hours, as glass continue to fall out of building windows.  I was starving and all of the restaurants were closed. The only thing open were the bars.  Go figure!  BART was shut down so we had to wait to charter a bus to take us across the Golden Gate and my boss drove me home from there.  I finally made it home about 2:30 in the morning.  I was in quite a bit of shock in the 3-4 days following after watching the news coverage.

4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?  OMG, I was a huge Barry Manilow geek.  I loved all of his songs, but I would have to say "I Can't Smile Without You" is the song I had the most fun singing back in the day.

5. What's the best costume you've ever worn?  I can't for the life of me remember anything that I would have worn worthy of discussion!

6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?  The dictionary.

7. What's your favorite breakfast food?  Hashbrowns!

8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?  No, but I've been known to splurge while watching QVC at times.

9. Have you ever crawled through a window?  Well, since I can't remember, I guess not.  Or maybe I did and it just wasn't that eventful.

10. Do you believe in love at first sight?  Yes, I do.  My husband and I met and were engaged 10 weeks later.  I knew by our second date that he was the one God brought for me to marry.  We will celebrate our 22nd anniversary in August.

11. How man pairs of jeans do you own?  2 Capris and 2 full size.  I am not going to buy any more until I lose weight!

12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes."  I am not much of a cake person, but it would be made of intense chocolate, and be all about coffee, be very elegantly decorated and be very delish!

Stop on over to Lid's place and join in the fun!


Labels: