This Page

has been moved to new address

Mustard Seed Faith

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Mustard Seed Faith

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mustard Seed Faith



Matthew 17:20
“You don’t have enough faith,”Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.

Jesus told his disciples that they did not have enough faith to cast out the demon. He told them if they would have just had faith as small as a mustard seed, then it would have been done. I think often we try and muster up huge amounts of faith to do what it is we feel God has called us to do. In a healing line for example, I have been known before to tell God I did not have enough faith to pray for healing. But did I have any faith? Yes! Then I should have believed that God would have met me the rest of the way. Because we are in partnership with God, it only takes the faith that we do have to perform the task. God meets us the rest of the way. Our faith, joined together with Him, can accomplish any task. I would say that it takes faith, no matter the measure, and most importantly a willing vessel and yielded heart to see the hand of God. I walk in different levels of faith in my life. There are areas where I do not have to call on God to increase my faith, because I've gone to the next level in that area. There are other areas where I am continuing to ask Him to increase my faith, because I know that unless He meets me, I do not yet have the faith to see it accomplished. It all starts with a seed. Will we plant that seed so that God can water it and take it where He wills?

Labels: