This Page

has been moved to new address

In Pursuit of Wisdom

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: In Pursuit of Wisdom

Thursday, January 14, 2010

In Pursuit of Wisdom

I have been praying for a long time that God would bring be into His fullness of joy. It is something that I believe is only found in the presence of God himself, and in the place of prayer. God said,

"..these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer." Is. 56:7
Part of my Bible reading today was Psalm 3:13-15:
13Joyful is the person who finds wisdom,
the one who gains understanding.
14For wisdom is more profitable than silver,
and her wages are better than gold.
15Wisdom is more precious than rubies;
nothing you desire can compare with her.
What I haven't realized is that while I am being intentional to get alone with the Lord every day and to grow closer to Him through reading His word and through prayer, I am overlooking the fact that He grants to me wisdom and understanding as my mind and spirit become more in tune with His. Wisdom is something I should diligently seek. It is far better than riches and more precious than the finest of jewels.

I found these 8 characteristics of wisdom here and would like to share them with you:
1. The wisdom that comes from heaven is… pure. Do I need to spin, tweak, force, or fudge in order to make a decision work? Then maybe it’s not pure; maybe it’s not really wise.
2. The wisdom that comes from heaven is… peace-loving. God’s wisdom leads to unity and peace. Does the decision I’m considering promote peace? Then it’s wise.
3. The wisdom that comes from heaven is… considerate. To think God-wise is to think others-wise. It’s the wisdom of God to put others before you, and to esteem others as more important than yourself.
4. The wisdom that comes from heaven is… submissive. God’s wisdom makes us easy to live with and work with. The submissive person is willing to hear all sides of a question. He can disagree without being disagreeable. She is “swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger” (James 1:19). Many people think that stubbornness is conviction and strength. But when God’s wisdom is at work there is a willingness to listen, think, pray, and obey whatever God reveals. “Yielding to persuasion” is another way to define wise submission.
5. The wisdom that comes from heaven is… full of mercy. To be “full” of something means to be “controlled by it.” The person who follows God’s wisdom is controlled by mercy. Does judgment control your thinking, or mercy?
6. The wisdom that comes from heaven… bears good fruit. It’s easy to argue and debate. But God’s wisdom is practical; it produces good works. When God’s wisdom is real in us, we won’t just debate; we’ll do good.
7. The wisdom that comes from heaven is… impartial. There will be no prejudice in the pews when God’s wisdom is in operation. Rich, poor, male, female, black, white, Republican, Democrat, Palestinian, Jew, are all one when in Christ.
8. The wisdom that comes from heaven is… sincere. When God’s wisdom is at work, there is openness and honesty. Pretending is unwise. While transparency often means vulnerability, it’s the wiser option.
Today, I am choosing to begin a hard pursuit of wisdom..

Labels: