This Page

has been moved to new address

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 16

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 16

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 16


Day 16: My Dream Home
(I am late linking up today!)
My Dream Home.  I thought I had it.  For 16 years.  It was a place where I raised my children.  A place that we were able to make our own.  A place where my husband's carpentry handiwork was displayed throughout.  It was a 3-bedroom home which we turned into a four bedroom with a huge master suite.  It was a place were we built a Prayer Room, a place I could go to be alone with the Lord, to read His Word, to pray and to paint.  We were looking forward to completing some of the unfinished work.  However, that dream home is no more.  Due to the economy, my husband's job loss and some past poor financial decisions on our part, we had to give it up.

If there is one thing I've realized over the course of the last year, a house does not make a home.  It is simply a dwelling place.  It's a place where family and loved ones gather. It's a place where stories are shared and laughter is heard.  It's a place where tears are shed, but where strength is found.  It's a place where the presence of the Lord dwells, a place where worship and Bible Study is given high priority.  It's a place where mistakes are sometimes made, but where forgiveness is always offered.  It's a place of safety and shelter, where love, joy, peace and laughter abound.  You see, that is what makes a home to me.  My new dream home is all of these things and so much more! 

Labels: