This Page

has been moved to new address

Beside Still Waters

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Beside Still Waters

Friday, January 29, 2010

Beside Still Waters

Today, a portion of my Bible reading was Psalm 23. When I was growing up, and when I was a new Christian, I always thought of this Psalm as the "funeral Psalm". I heard it read at funerals, and saw it printed in funeral literature. The more I read this Psalm, the more I realize how very much God is with me. Here are just a few insights that I've received today from Psalm 23:
  • The Lord cares for me, watches over me, and provides all that I need. He is my Cartaker, Shephard, Overseer, Guidance Counselor, Daddy God, Father, Provider and Giver of all things.
  • The Lord brings me rest, peace and refreshment. He calls to me to be still in His presence so that He can bring peace and refreshment to my soul.
  • The Lord gives me strength. With God, I can do all things!
  • The Lord guides me into righteousness so that my life will glorify Him. The Lord has given me the tools necessary to live a Godly life. I have His Word and the Holy Spirit who is my teacher.
  • The Lord is close to me in the lowest of times, and I need not fear. Even though I may walk through dark times, I trust that God is with me even there. It is in those times where I press into Him, spending more time in His presence, letting Him love on me. When I am close to him, all the worldly cares fall off.
  • The Lord's authority over my life brings protection and comfort. As long as I am walking in the ways of the Lord, his authority and protection abide with me. When I choose to step outside of His will, then He may remove that authority and protection for a season, but only to draw me back to Him.
  • The Lord provide's a feast for me, even in the presence of my enemies. I will have trials, but if I feast on His word, and learn to be still in His presence, it makes walking through those times much easier. I want to feast on His word!!!!
  • The Lord anoints me and sets me apart for service to Him. I was reminded of Jesus and how he was anointed for burial. When I gave my life to Christ, I became dead to my old nature, and alive again in Him. My old nature has been buried with Christ, and my new nature has been made alive by the anointing and power of Jesus Christ.
  • The Lord provides abundant blessings to me, too many to count! My cup is always full. I often don't realize that, and often look as my cup as half empty. I have so much to be thankful for. He has blessed me abundantly.
  • The Lord's goodness and unfailing love pursue me all of my life. This is by far my favorite verse. I picture myself running down the street, being closely followed by goodness and unfailing love. What does that look like? Oh come Lord Jesus and overtake me with your goodness and unfailing love!
  • The Lord provides a place for me to dwell with him forever! This is by far the best part. I get to live with God, ruling and reigning with Him, forever! Ahhhhh. So good!

Labels: