This Page

has been moved to new address

The Goodness of God

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: The Goodness of God

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Goodness of God



I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.14Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. (Psalm 27:13-14)
If you didn't read my post where I shared a little bit about what was going on with our house, you can read that here.
God is so amazingly good! A fellow blogger posted just the other day about how sometimes we have trouble seeing the goodness of God when we are in the midsts of a trial. Even though I was in the midsts of this storm and could not necessarily see His goodness, I believed that God Himself was/is good and that He would provide. So, we were down to a week left to find a rental and had not found anything. As much as I tried not to allow my mind to wander to that place of worry, it did. I had visions of my children living with friends/family while my husband and I lived in a shelter. But then there were times that I had such tremendous faith and knew that God would not fail me. And that was the truth. And He has not failed me!
To make a long story short, a friend from church, who I don't see every week and who I forgot was in real estate, saw some of my posts on Facebook about what was going on. She contacted me and we talked. She believed, with such faith and tenacity, that she could help us keep our home. I was told a couple of weeks ago by the company who scammed us that although they could no longer help us, that we could pursue modification on our own. Well, I was tired of fighting. I was afraid of hoping only to have that hope crushed. So we chose to let the house go. But God, in His goodness, knew that I was tired and sent me someone to lift up my head and allow me to see the possibility! So after my friend persuaded me, I swallowed my pride and contacted our lender. We spent about 25 minutes on the phone going through initial financial information. Soon we will receive a "qualification" packet in the mail. Once I return all of the information, the lender will determine if we qualify for the loan modification. And, they have agreed to postpone the trustee sale pending approval. GOD IS SO GOOD! I did not see this goodness coming my way, but God put it on the heart of a friend to contact me to lend her help for such a time as this! My hope and faith in the possibility that we will be able to keep our home has been restored!
It will take about 30 days I am told for approval. So if you will pray with us I would so appreciate it. In the meantime, we get to stay in our house at least through Christmas so I'd better hurry up and move boxes already packed to the garage and begin thinking about decorating!

Labels: