This Page

has been moved to new address

Quotes to Ponder

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Quotes to Ponder

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Quotes to Ponder



I have been reading "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers and recently came across these quotes.
"We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties."
This has been the most powerful tool that I have learned over the last year or two. For so long when I would come to God in prayer, I would always come out of a place of desperation. I was desperate to see the hand of God move in my situation. But what I didn't realize was that I was focusing on His hand and not His face.
Psalm 27:4-5
4One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.
I was so focused on my problem that I couldn't see that God was working in the midsts of it. My heart's desire is to seek the face of the Lord, to behold Him in His beauty. When I do this, God promises to keep my safe in the day of trouble.
When we are facing desperate situations in our lives, we must turn our focus upward and look into the very face of God. We must remember to come into His presence with thanksgiving, even in the difficult times, thanking God for who He is. I remind God of what He has done in the past and strive to focus on what He IS doing, rather than the perceived mountain of difficulty that lies ahead. I can honestly say that this is not always easy and there are times when I miss it. But God, in His gentleness, has a way of reminding me that He is bigger! When I pray through times of difficulty, I ask myself these questions:
  1. What Does God say about the situation in His Word?
  2. What are the promises He's spoken to my heart that I can cling too?
As I lean in, and trust Him through the difficult times and pray from a place of victory, I begin to behold Him. When I behold Him, my difficulties fade in the very light of His presence. No problem I face can stay in the forefront as long as I choose to fix my eyes on God.
"Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time."
"The whole point of getting things done is knowing what to leave undone."
"You will never cease to be the most amazed person on earth at what God has done for you on the inside."
"It is impossible to get exhausted in work for God. We get exhausted because we try to do God' work in our own way."
Do any of these quotes cause you to stop and ponder? if so, which one and why?

Labels: