This Page

has been moved to new address

Possession Through Proclamation

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Possession Through Proclamation

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Possession Through Proclamation



Then our mouth was filled with laughter, And our tongue with joyful shouting; Then they said among the nations, “The LORD has done great things for them.”The LORD has done great things for us; We are glad. (Psalm 126:2-3)
It's easy to proclaim the good things that are happening in our life, but what about those things we desire but don't yet see? Have you ever fought hard to bring freedom to an area of your life, only to feel after trying for so long that you've failed? I was sharing with a girlfriend about a particular personal journey I've been on for what seems like forever. I have tried so hard to gain the victory, yet don't feel like I've gained much ground at all and feel like giving up. I just can't seem to find the motivation to keep trying. Although I was waiting for the response of, "why don't you try this", or "have you tried that", the response she gave was unexpected, yet has been resounding in my spirit ever since. She told me to "stop trying and start proclaiming". Hmmm, I knew that.
Christ came to set the captives free. When I have a negative outlook towards something in my life, and proclaim negative thoughts about myself or the situation, I cannot gain ground. Our words are powerful. They carry life or death.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue,(Proverbs 18:21a)
We must being to speak positively over ourselves if we are going to see victory in these areas. Although we may not see the fruit of our labor yet, through Christ we have already won the battle. We must have the faith to pull on heaven, to call that which is not seen into existence. Even if we can't quite grasp these truths now, the more we proclaim how God sees us or our situation, the more we will believe it. You are what you behold. What does God say about you? Here are some things I've been proclaiming over my life recently:
  • I am healthy and thin!
  • I am full of energy and can accomplish all that is put in front of me each day!
  • I am beautiful and loved!
  • I am organized!
  • I am a good friend and a hard worker!
  • I am a good mother!
Shout it from the rooftops! The LORD has done and IS DOING good things in your life! What are some things that you are proclaiming over your life?

Labels: