This Page

has been moved to new address

You Are An Overcomer

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: You Are An Overcomer

Monday, September 7, 2009

You Are An Overcomer



I was talking with my girlfriends this weekend about being an overcomer. What does the Bible have to say and how do we get there?
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
Although life is sometimes an uphill battle, Jesus said he has overcome the world. He already fought our battles for us, took them to the cross and died so that we could have the final victory. It's hard to sometimes remember, in the midsts of our battles, that in Christ we ARE victorious. If this is true, why then do we often find ourselves fighting battles we thought we had already won?
To overcome is defined this way: get the better of, prevail over, control, get/bring under control, master, conquer, defeat, beat; get over, get a grip on, curb, subdue; informal lick, best.
When we find ourselves struggling to gain victory in a certain area, it just means we haven't yet gotten full control over the siutation. But with every step we take toward victory we are gaining ground and getting closer to overcoming the situation. Sometimes in this life it's "one step forward, two steps back". But we must continue to press in, to stand on the Word of God that tells us
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. (Luke 10:19)
God has given us ALL authority to trample on the snakes in our life. The enemy has no power over us. We all know the enemy is a LIAR! He likes to whisper in our ear and distort situations and cause us to take our eyes off of Christ and what He is doing in the midsts of it. When those things happen to me, I often do a prophetic act: I picture myself pulling the enemy out of my head (because we all know that is where our battles begin), throwing him on the ground, stomping on his head and then picking up the remains and throwing them in the trash. I remind myself that through Christ I AM an overcomer and that the enemy has no power or authority over my life. Try it. It sure feels good!
I really like this definition of to overcome:
defeat, beat, conquer, trounce, thrash, rout, vanquish, overwhelm, overpower, get the better of, triumph over, prevail over, win over/against, outdo, outclass, worst, crush; informal drub, slaughter, clobber, hammer, lick, best, crucify, demolish, wipe the floor with, make mincemeat of, blow out of the water, take to the cleaners, shellac, skunk.
When you find yourself in the midst of the storm, remind yourself that God is for you, not against you. He has overcome the world and the power of the enemy over you. Stand on His Word. Praise Him! Speak life to yourself. Tell yourself that You are an overcomer. Then, stomp on the head of the serpents in your life, wipe the floor with them and move on out in victory. You are an overcomer!

Labels: ,