This Page

has been moved to new address

Secure In The Storm

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Secure In The Storm

Monday, November 9, 2009

Secure In The Storm



Hello bloggie friends! I am so sorry I went and took a break from blogging and didn't tell anyone where I was going. I didn't realize I was going until I had already gone, and then I had trouble finding my way back. Oh how I have missed blogging! My life has been a bit of a whirlwind lately, and I found myself trying to juggle way too much, as well as allowing some very personal things to get in the way of my thoughts. My family is going through a storm of late, but we are trusting God. Even though at times I am full of emotions, cry, want to scream and think this will never end, I take a deep breath. When I finally come up for air, and allow the Holy Spirit to bring His peace, I stand firm, full of faith and am secure in the fact that He goes before us and will bring us through. Perhaps someday I will share more about this particular storm.
Are you weathering a storm today? Are your feet firmly planted in the good soil of the Word of God? The Bible tells us that we will go through hard times. Just because we are Christians this does not mean that we are automatically saved from experiencing pain and heartache. But God has promised that He will never leave us nor forsake us. During this time in my life, I like to sit and close my eyes and picture myself high up on a rock. God has taken the form of a huge Eagle and He has come, taken me underneath his wing, and tucked me safely away in the cleft of the rock. There He will keep me until the raging storm has passed. Even though I am experiencing the storm -- I can see the lightening, hear the thunder and almost feel the waves crashing around me, I know that I am safe under the shadow of His wings. I am secure in the fact that I remain in God's presence and that this too shall pass. And when it does pass, God will be there in the form of a rainbow to remind me once again that He has not forgotten His promises for myself and my family. Today I choose to rest securely in His love, hidden in the cleft of the ROCK, tucked away under the shadow of His wings!

Labels: , ,