This Page

has been moved to new address

Balancing Act

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Balancing Act

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Balancing Act




Have you ever felt lopsided? That's how I am feeling these days. Lopsided is defined as “having one side lower or smaller or lighter than the other.” As I try each day to focus my attention only on those things that I feel must get done, I often feel off balance, as if something is pulling on me. No matter how hard I try, sometimes I feel as if I could tumble over, giving in to the side of me that feels the heaviest. Even though I have many things in life that need my attention, God has given me enough time in each day, and enough grace for the day, to accomplish all that He has called me to do. Sometimes it’s the unnecessary things that I take on in life that will cause me to get off balance, and it’s then that I lose my peace.

As a busy woman with many responsibilities, I must strive to live a balanced life. Balance and peace of mind are something that God has promised to me.
You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you! (Is. 26:3)
God promises to keep me in a state of peace, balance and rest when I fix my thoughts on Him. In order for me to do this, I must allow God into my day. I must seek Him, ask Him what it is He would have me to do, and if necessary, allow him to rearrange my "to do list" in order to bring me greater peace and rest. There will be things on my list that I will simply have to let go as a trade off for balance. I have to come to a place where I realize that God is in control and I don’t have to do it all every day. I am not superwoman. God’s desire for me is to live a balanced life. When I feel off kilter, I simply need to pray and ask Him to help me organize my life, taking on only those things He’s called me to do, and letting go of the rest. Are you feeling unbalanced today? If so, pray and ask God to help you rearrange your day. His desire is to give you peace and bring balance and rest to your life. Let go and allow God to take care of the rest.

Labels: