This Page

has been moved to new address

Miscellany Monday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Miscellany Monday

Monday, September 6, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Happy Labor Day everyone!  I am so thankful I get to link up to the Miscellany Monday this week with the lovely Carissa at lowercase letters.  Although I got around to commenting on some of your randomness last week, I was not able to post myself.  I missed you!

{1}...Speaking of Labor Day, I was reflecting briefly on my four beautiful children and what it took to bring them into the world.  First baby - 32 hours of labor, 3 hours of pushing, ending up in a C-Section.  Second baby - 12 hours of labor, requested Epidural, which never got to me, which made me sit up and calmly tell my husband and the nurse to open the window because I wanted to jump.  I'm not kidding!  I don't do pain very well.  Third Baby - a most wonderful experience.  I labored for about 8 hours, I had friends and family in the room, and a fabulous mentor and prayer partner who prayed me through an almost "natural birth".  I caved and opted for Staydol at the very end.  Made for a fun pushing experience.  Fourth baby - a "scheduled" C-section due to my prior one (dumb, I know).  During my labor my doctor called and said he was on site and that I could go natural if I wanted.  I opted for the C-section.  It's a good thing I did.  My son had some lung issues when born and the cord was very tight around His neck.  I praise God for my birthing experiences and my beautiful, healthy children!

{2}...I have a disgusting pedicure.  Actually, I have the remnants of a beautiful pedicure I got in July while visiting a friend in Arizona.  Someone asked me the other day why I don't just take the polish off?  Well, I would if I could find my polish remover.  It's in a box somewhere and I am too cheap to go to the Dollar Store and get more. I seriously need to unpack!

{3}...My eldest daughter, who is 19, is in a relationship.  She has never "dated" anyone in her entire life.  This young man sat down with my husband and I and asked our permission to "date" her (which we know means they are courting and asking God His plans for their future).  We are excited to see where God takes it.

(Sorry for the poor picture quality.)

{4}...I am enjoying my new house.  I am trying to get into a routine of cleaning it effectively, without running up and down the stairs all the time.  We have two vacuums, so I can leave one up stairs.  There are now three bathrooms, and I have already hired my 10 year old daughter to clean them all for me.  When I fold laundry, I leave piles on the stairs and only take my own up.  Maybe all the stair climbing will contribute to shedding a few pounds!

{5}...My youngest two children do not know yet if they will stay at their new home school.  We only registered a couple of days before school opened, and the school was already full.  My 5th grader has a good chance of staying, but her brother, who is in the 2nd grade, most likely will be overloaded to another school.  So this means more craziness in the morning while I attempt to get them both to school on time.  Please pray that if my son has to leave, a spot will open up for him soon to join his sister.

Join us over at Carissa's for more randomness.

Labels: