This Page

has been moved to new address

Empty Me

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Empty Me

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Empty Me

Holy Fire burn away,
my desire for anything
that is not of you and is of me.
I want more of you and less of me.

Holy Fire burn away,

my desire for anything
that is not of you and is of me,
I want more of you and less of me, yeah.
Empty me,
Empty me, yeah,
Fill, won't you fill me,
with you, with you, yeah.
(Empty Me - Jeremy Camp

This has been the cry of my heart today.  I have come to realize over the last few days how self-focused I can be.  Yes, I am human and I have human emotions.  But when I give in to those emotions before I seek the council and comfort of my Jesus, then my response is one of self, and not prompted by the Holy Spirit.  And even though life happens and curve balls are thrown, I want to be led and guided by the Spirit of God.  Not just in the decisions I make, but in my reactions, attitudes, speech, desires, parenting, marriage, the list goes on. 

So I am asking the Lord to come and reorganize my internal spiritual house.  I want to be a yielded vessel, completely emptied of self and fully consumed by the Holy Spirit.  I want to wake up each morning and empty myself before His Throne of Grace, allowing Him to inhabit every fiber of my mind, body and spirit.  I must decrease so that He might increase. 
He must become greater and greater,
and I must become less and less.

(John 3:30-NLT)