This Page

has been moved to new address

The Door Of Transition

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: The Door Of Transition

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Door Of Transition

Transition.....
the process or a period of changing from one
state or condition to another.

This morning as I was getting ready for church the Lord began to speak to me about this next season of my life and the period of transition that we are in as a family.  If you've been reading my blog lately, you know that our family is having to move.  Even though I have been overwhelmed by the magnitude of the tasks that I face each day with packing, looking for a place to live, and selling our current home, the Lord has been so faithful!  Through it all, I am at rest and have so much peace.  This doesn't mean that I don't have moments where I freak out in the flesh.  But my soul is at rest.  Even though this is a very unfortunate situation for our family, I know that God is in it and that it all will work out.
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (Romans 8:28-NLT)
In my quiet time this morning (all 10 minutes of it while I was getting the kids ready for church!), the Lord showed me a picture of a door.  The door was old and it was closed.  But I noticed that the door was surrounded by LIFE.  There were green vines and shrubs growing all around it and on it, as well as bright blossoms. The Lord told me, "This is the door of transition".  Our family is in a period of transition and things as we know it are about to change.  The home that we have lived in for 16 years, raised our children in, and that my husband's handiwork is displayed in, is no longer ours.  I could choose to remain sad and stay stuck in a place of hopelessness.  But rather I will choose to rejoice, knowing that God sees the end from the beginning, and that HIS handiwork will be displayed wherever we go!  

So I welcome this season of transition.  It is no surprise to me that the door that I saw in the picture the Lord gave me was closed.  I have two choices.  I can choose to remain outside the door, gazing at the beauty of life sprouting up all around me, or I can choose to open the door and step through into my season of transition.  The Lord has shown me that there is Life and New Things that await me on the other side.  The Lord promised that I will see His Goodness!  So I am stepping in!

(This is a painting I did a while back called "Stepping In".
I thought it was fitting.)

I will be busy packing this week.  We signed papers to sell our home over the weekend (the very first people who came to look at it made a very generous offer).  Please pray that our lender will accept their offer.  I will also be diligently looking for a place to rent.  We have very few requests - 4 bedroom, two living spaces (living room and family room) and rent below $2,000/month.  Just so you know how to pray!

Blessings my dear friends!

Labels: