This Page

has been moved to new address

Satisfaction

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Satisfaction

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Satisfaction

I had an amazing time in God's presence while sitting in our House of Prayer today.  It was nice to just sit before Him, without an agenda.  I didn't even open my computer, because if I had, I would have been distracted and missed the sweetness of the moment. I was reflecting on how God and God alone is the one who satisfies my every need.  I am not sure what the young man leading the devotional was singing, but I remember there were tears streaming down my face.  Then the Lord gave me a picture:
I was sitting in a very large garden.  All around me were flowers of every type imaginable.  I remember getting up and running from flower to flower to smell of it's fragrance.  After I smelled each one, I would turn and smile (as if looking right into the eyes of Jesus), but something always moved me onto the next flower.  Even though the fragrance of each one was sweet and pleasing to my nostrils, still it did not satisfy me.  I wanted more!
Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes;
your name is like perfume poured out.
No wonder the maidens love you!
(Song of Solomon 1:3)
In the next picture the Lord gave me, I was sitting in a very large room and there were many large tables filled with food.  I ran in and immediately began to taste all of the food.  After each bite I took, I would turn (again, is if looking right into the eyes of Jesus) and smile.  But I never seemed to be satisfied.  I was franticaly tasting of the food to find the one thing that would fulfill my desire.  I was full, but never satisfied!
For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry 
with good things. (Psalm 107:9)
In the final picture I was taken to yet another room.  I remember being handed money (I am not sure by whom).  I again smiled and turned to Jesus.  I was so excited to receive the money, but as soon as I touched it it slipped through fingers.  And even though it would be nice to have a little extra money these days, I know that not even money can buy true satisfaction.
Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.

(Isaiah 55:2)

It was at that moment that I was faced with my own barrenness.  The Lord in his gentle and loving way reminded me that He alone is the one who satisfies.  Why then do I sometimes chase after momentary satisfaction in things that will not last?  He spoke to me about my barren heart and that there are places that at times are not fully yielded or surrendered to Him.  When I am lacking in the ONE THING that will truly satisfy, I tend to run and look for momentary satisfaction elsewhere -- in food, to fill a void that only He an fill; in money, if we only had this much more money than we could........; even in the smell of a beautiful fragrant flower.  But that is only a simple reminder of a much bigger and more lasting beauty, one that will never fade away.
I'm asking God for one thing, only one thing: To live with him in his house my whole life long. I'll contemplate his beauty; I'll study at his feet.  (Psalm 27:4)
I am in pursuit of the ONE THING that will satisfy me.  I long for it.  I yearn for it.  My heart breaks with the revelation that my actions may not always show what is in my heart.  Yet I know my heart is soft. Otherwise, I could not have cried tears over the state of my barrenness.  I long to be in His presence, to sit at His feet, to behold Him in His beauty.  I am thirsty, Lord, and I am hungry.  You alone can satisfy!
As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. (Psalm 42:1)
Are you looking for satisfaction today?  Look to Jesus. He comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!

Labels: