This Page

has been moved to new address

Running The Race With Joy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Running The Race With Joy

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Running The Race With Joy


This was delivered to my in box this morning and I just had to share it with you.  Sometimes in this journey of life we get weary or just plain tired.  I know that I do.  We have been dealing with our house situation for over a year now and just this week I found myself saying, "I'm done.  I don't want to even try anymore".  But God has told me, "Don't give up yet".  And I ask, "Where will I find the strength to go on?"  And He says, "My JOY will be your strength"!
"The joy of the LORD is your strength."
(Nehemiah 8:10)
When we find ourselves tiring along the path of life, we need to stop for a JOY refreshment.  It's all about drinking from the water of life and eating of His word.  When I am rooted and grounded in Him, His joy will overflow in my life and then my problems aren't so big anymore.  It is only by spending time in His presence where I will find true joy and as a result, the faith to continue to run.
Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy
in his dwelling place. (1 Chronicles 16:27)
You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalm 16:11)
So I run.  I continue on in this season of my life where there are moments of despair and worry.  Yet I trust.  I hope.  I continue to fix my eyes on the One who holds me in the palm of His hand and then I know everything will be okay.
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12)

Labels: , ,