This Page

has been moved to new address

Choosing Joy In the Midst of Fear

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Choosing Joy In the Midst of Fear

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Choosing Joy In the Midst of Fear

Today has been a hard day as I've sat and pondered the thoughts racing through my head.  To make a very long story short, we were notified today that our loan company will NOT be modifying our loan.  Apparently, we do not meet the "income requirements", especially since my husband got laid off last year.  I was so full of faith that we would qualify, due to our reduced income, but God has another plan for our family.  Fear has been the feeling that has been looming over me today.  I don't want to give in to it, but sometimes in my human state, I find myself there. This has been one of those days.  Yet, in every moment where I sense fear coming against me, I take a deep breath and tell myself to choose joy.  Joy is attainable, even in the midst of what can be a very fearful situation.  But it's a choice.  One that is not easy to make at times, but still, I have the choice.  Will I choose today to give in to fear and allow the enemy to torment me with lies that God is not good, that He will not provide for our family, that He will leave us alone to fight this battle?  Or will I choose joy -- the joy that tells me that God IS good, ALL the time; that He IS our provider, and will continue to provide for our family; and that God will NEVER leave us nor forsake us.

Today, I am choosing JOY!
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation (Habakkuk 3:18)
You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:11)
But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy. (Psalm 5:11)

Labels: