This Page

has been moved to new address

Deeply Rooted

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Deeply Rooted

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Deeply Rooted

After spending nearly the entire day at home, in my jammies and not doing much of anything due to a head cold and just feeling blah, I managed to get out for a little bit tonight to have dinner with a new friend and grab some coffee (which I so desparately needed).  While at Starbucks, I noticed this picture hanging on the wall.  Although each branch had various statements written on them, my eye was drawn to the main statement of the picture:

The Deeper the ROOTS, the Higher the Reach!

Wow, there is so much wisdom in this picture.  It is so important that we let our roots go down deep, that we are rooted and grounded in HIM.  Roots are amazing things.  They know where to go to get the water.  The deeper the roots go down into the soil, the greater chance that the plant or tree above the soil will flourish and grow into it's fullness.  I believe the purest water flows underground.  It flows in the hidden and deep, dark places where it's just me and the Lord.  It is there in that place where He washes me with the water of His word.  It is in that place where I am nourished and cared for.  And because I allow my roots to go down deep, I am refreshed.  I grow stronger in faith and more secure in His love.  
  • I am now able to reach up higher.  Because I've spent time cultivating my relationship with the Lord in the secret, hidden and sometimes dark places, I have greater faith to access the never-ending resources of Heaven for my life. 
  • I am able to reach out farther.  Because I am deeply rooted and secure in His love, I am more capable of giving that love away to those around me.
I never thought I would say this, but I want to be like Job. 
For I am like a tree whose roots reach the water, whose branches are refreshed with the dew. (Job 29:19)
I want my roots to go down so deep that they reach the pure water.  I want to be refreshed, renewed and strengthened in His Word so that I can reach up high to touch the heart of God, and reach out far to touch others with His marvelous love!

Labels: ,