This Page

has been moved to new address

And Suddenly...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: And Suddenly...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

And Suddenly...

 (Photo Credit:  Laura DeLeon)

Today God has been reminding me that He is a God of suddenlies.  There are many instances in the Bible where God suddenly appeared:
But when the assembly gathered in opposition to Moses and Aaron and turned toward the Tent of Meeting, suddenly the cloud covered it and the glory of the LORD appeared. (Numbers 16:42)
As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
(2 Kings 2:11)
Suddenly the fingers of a human hand appeared and wrote on the plaster of the wall, near the lampstand in the royal palace. The king watched the hand as it wrote.
(Daniel 5:5)
Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.
(Acts 2:2)
Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. "Quick, get up!" he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists.
(Acts 12:7)
Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everybody's chains came loose.
(Acts 16:26)
It has been like this for me over the last couple of days:
  • I find myself out of strength, barely able to move at times, and suddenly, He is here providing the strength I need for the next step.
  • I find myself getting fearful because I cannot see the road ahead, and suddenly, He is here assuring me that He is my front and rear guard.
  • I find myself unable to rest, and suddenly, He is here reminding me that He is the peace that surpasses all understanding.
Although we have a long road ahead to financial freedom, I know that My God is more than able to suddenly show up in our circumstances. And He is not just able...He is willing.  He delights in me and in my family.  He loves us so much that He will not allow any of the wrong choices which we may have made in our past to ruin the future He has planned for us. 
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(Jeremiah 29:11)

Labels: ,