This Page

has been moved to new address

Power Outage

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Power Outage

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Power Outage

Last night as I was helping my children with their homework, we experienced a power outage. When the power has gone out before, my children would be pretty frantic, looking for mom and dad, as well as for flashlights and candles.  But since it was not yet totally dark outside, they were able to see enough to find their way around.  Dad went out for a bite to eat (since he couldn't heat up his food which I saved for him ), and the kids and I settled into the living room.  I folded laundry by lantern, and my kids kept themselves occupied with a game of strategy playing Star Wars Miniatures.  As I sat there watching my children, I reflected on how much peace resided in our home at that very moment.  Even though the lights were out, we had peace.  My kids were secure in the knowledge that they were not alone (mom was there) and I was overwhelmed by the presence of God as I folded my laundry.  This laundry had been sitting on my floor all week, and during the power outage, I was overcome with supernatural strength to get it all folded and put away!


We do not have to fear in times of darkness.  We can be secure in the fact that our Heavenly Father is right there beside us and will never leave us nor forsake us.  Isn't it reassuring to know that we will never experience darkness.  Even though the lights may go out around us, even though the sun may go down and the darkness comes, He IS light and in HIM there is no darkness.  
...God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. (1 John 1:5)
There is no power outage with our Heavenly Father.  As children of God, we continually walk in the light of His presence. Even in times of darkness when we cannot see in front of us, He is always there.  
You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.  (Psalm 18:28) 
The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1) 
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119:105) 
Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. (Psalm 139:12)
 He is fully charged, always ready to go, and His light will never go out!

Labels: ,