This Page

has been moved to new address

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 4

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 4

Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 4


Day 4:  Your Parents

My parents are two of the most loving, humble and giving people that I know.  Although I was not born again growing up,  my parents' example taught me so much about faith, love and sacrifice.  My father grew up in Mexico.  When He came to the states, he worked as a Chef for a local restaurant for many, many years.  It was the only job he ever knew.  And he was darn good at it.  My father would give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it.  As children growing up, he worked extra jobs just to make sure we had the things we needed.  He often would apologize for not being able to give us more.  But he gave what he had out of a heart of love and sacrifice.  He gave what mattered.  He gave love.

My mother is an amazingly strong woman.  I was fortunate to have had her at home most of my childhood (before she went to work).  I admire her for the sacrifices she's made for others, and for her strength and humble spirit.  Mom has had some health issues in the past, a couple of which could have taken her life.  I am so very thankful to God that she is still here with us today. 

My parents are a true examples to me of two people who have weathered the storms in life and have truly taken the term "til death do us part" to heart.  Thank you, mom and dad, for leading by your hearts and helping to show me the way of faith, hope and love in my own life.

Labels: