This Page

has been moved to new address

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 3

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: 30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 3

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 3


Day 3:  Your First Love
I went through my adolescent years without knowing Christ.  I remember as a teenager, I couldn't wait to have my first "boyfriend" and "fall in love".  There was one time in particular where I really believed I was in love.  It came with the swarm of emotions that I always thought it would -- butterflies in my stomach, not being able to eat, wanting to always be with him, etc.  However, that relationship, and a few others that followed, only led to heartache and years of wondering what was so wrong with me that no one could love me.

But then I met Jesus.  He came to me gently, and unexpectedly.  He came with such warmth.  There was a light and truth about Him that I could not deny.  I accepted Him into my life, not fully comprehending this type of love that He had to offer to me.  I remember how excited I was in those first days of our relationship.  I could not wait to spend time with Him.  I would even go without food for a chance to sit and talk with Him, just the two of use.  He changed my world and secured my future.  I am eternally grateful.

It has taken me a long time to understand the kind of love that God has for me.  Hurts from the past have clouded my perception of my loving Heavenly Father at times.  I have not fully come to a place where I can comprehend it.  But I can honestly say that He is my "first true love", for without Him, I could not have known the love of man who came at such a needed time in my life and rescued me from further heartache; or the love of a child -- unconditional, always pointing me back to the Father.  Or the chance to love myself. 
I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine.
(Song of Solomon 6:3)
Be sure and stop by Katie's blog at Katie's Journey to link read about more "first loves".

Labels: