This Page

has been moved to new address

We Will Never Forget - 9.11.01

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: We Will Never Forget - 9.11.01

Saturday, September 11, 2010

We Will Never Forget - 9.11.01

Today, I am remembering all of the innocent people who lost their lives in the horrific attacks on our country on 9.11.01.  I will never forget where I was that day.  I was vacationing with my husband and two oldest children in Disneyland.  I had gotten out of the shower and my husband told me a plane had hit one of the World Trade Towers.  As we watched the news, I saw the 2nd plane come and hit the second tower.  It was then that I new this was just not a tragic accident, but a deliberate attack on our nation.  It was surreal.  I felt like I was in a nightmare and wanted desperately to wake up.  We decided we would visit Disneyland as planned in order to give them a sense of normalcy; however, the park had been closed due to high level security reasons.  So we headed home early.  As reports came in as to exactly what had happened, and how many people had lost their lives in this tragedy, I wept.  I screamed.  I prayed.  I cried out to God.  This is something that I will never understand.  My natural mind cannot comprehend this kind of evil. 

Today I especially remember the 343 firefighters who lost their lives to save others.  I also remember the civilians who came to help and never returned home.  These heroes will never be forgotten.  We must always remember that freedom is never free.  It comes at a great price.  So many paid that price for us on that terrible day.  Please take a moment today to remember our fallen heroes, to pray and ask God to continue to comfort their families. I cannot imagine their grief.




 

I thank God for his Hand of protection over our nation.  Let us continue to seek Him.  He is a God of love, mercy and restoration.  He never changes.  As we continue to cry out for God to come and bless and heal our land, let us not forget to first bless our Lord.  For He is worthy of our praise in the good times and the bad.


Labels: