This Page

has been moved to new address

Acts of Kindness

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Acts of Kindness

Monday, September 13, 2010

Acts of Kindness

(Photo courtesy of Heart and Soul Reflections.)

The generous soul will be made rich,
and he who waters will also be watered himself.

(Proverbs 11:25)
I have shared openly and honestly on my blog over the last couple of months about the fact that we had to sell our home and move.  I never did it with the intention of receiving anything in return other than prayer.  So many have prayed us through and we are forever grateful.  I absolutely love my blogging community and am so thankful for the many friends I've made.  We praise God that we found a suitable rental home.  Moving has put a huge financial strain on an already strained bank account.  But God has been so very faithful to put our family on the hearts of people who have been able to step out and assist us when we least expected it. 

A couple of days after we moved,  I had to meet the realtor for the buyer and an appraiser over at our old house.  The appraiser was smitten with my 10-year old daughter who I took with me.  He kept asking her about school.  Kaylie was explaining that she had to go to a new school because she had to move.  The man was moved by our story and kept telling us how sorry he was.  I assured him that we trusted God and that we believed He would take care of us.  To make a long story short, as they were leaving the appraiser said he wanted to give my daughter a "back-to school" gift.  He reached in his pocket and handed her a $20 bill.  I tried to tell him it wasn't necessary, but he wouldn't hear of it.  My daughter was so happy.  She told me she was going to buy a new pair of Vans and that mommy would only have to chip in a little bit.  As we were walking out the door, the appraiser asked the realtor if she had given Kaylie her back to school give yet.  She then reached in her pocket and handed Kaylie what I thought was a $10 bill.  But as I looked again, what I saw shocked me.  It was $100!  I asked Kaylie to give me the money and I followed the gal outside.  I told her that there must have been some mistake.  But she assured me that there was no mistake.  I asked Kaylie if I could take the $100 and buy groceries. She did not hesitate.  These were two people who we do not know other than the fact they were on the other side of our home sale.  I was completely blown away. 

This past Sunday in church, we had a family that we know gift us $100.  They told us they wanted to assist us with all the moving expenses we had incurred.  This again came at a time when our money had been pretty much depleted. Again, I was blown away. 

Today, after I shared my "Miscellany Monday" post, a fellow blogger contacted me to offer to assist me in getting some gently used uniforms for my children from a local used uniform closet.  I was so moved, as I was only able to buy 2 pair of pants and 2 shirts for each of my kids.  Again, God laid it on this person's heart to help.

I am so thankful for a God who meets our needs exactly when we need them.  I posted a Facebook status today that said,

"I may not have everything that I want, but I always have everything that I need".  

In this season of my life, I am truly beginning to see and understand that God takes care of every need.  He is always timely. I am realizing how very much He loves me and wants to take care of me.

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  (Matthew 6:26)

on Saturday our van broke down.  It's going to take about $300-400 to get it repaired, but I have such great confidence now more than ever that God is going to provide.  He is faithful.  He does not continue to provide for me because I deserve it.  It's who He is. 

He is the Faithful One. 
He is the Giver of all good things. 
He is Jehovah Jirah, My Provider.
  
I pray that God will look down from Heaven on those who have blessed us over the last few weeks and return to them 100 fold what they've given to us.  I pray that God would open up the flood gates of Heaven over them and rain down His blessings!  I cannot think you enough for your acts of kindness.  We are truly grateful.

Labels: ,