This Page

has been moved to new address

100 Posts & 100 Random Facts About Me

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: 100 Posts & 100 Random Facts About Me

Monday, May 3, 2010

100 Posts & 100 Random Facts About Me

Today I've hit my first blog milestone with 100 posts! When I first started my blog about 9 months ago, I wasn't sure that I could keep it going.  I wanted to have relevant things to say, and I wanted to bless others through what the Lord had given me to write.  At first, I didn't know if anyone was reading, but I stayed faithful. And here I am now, with 100 posts under my belt and soon to celebrate my One Year Blogiversary!  Oh, I will have some fun stuff planned for that!

So, in keeping with typical blogger style, I thought I would write a 100 Random Facts About Me post which will help you all to get to know me even better. So here we go!
  1. I was born and raised, and am still living, in California.
  2. I have four siblings (two sisters and two brothers).
  3. When I was 3 I had surgery to correct cross-eyes.
  4. I got my first pair of glasses in the 4th grade.
  5. I was allergic to bees as a child.  (I think I've outgrown it.)
  6. I had my tonsils out at the age of 13.
  7. My favorite subject in High School was English.
  8. I hoped to attend college to be a journalist.
  9. Instead I went to Business College
  10. I worked as a Legal Secretary for 14 years.
  11. My father is 100% Mexican.
  12. I do not speak Spanish.
  13. I've been told I was switched at birth because I do not like spicy food.
  14. I use to do competitive roller skating (I was quite good at it!)
  15. I accepted the Lord when I was 20 years old.
  16. I did not learn to drive a car until I was 20 years old.
  17. I met my husband while we were both serving as youth leaders at church.
  18. We dated for 2.5 months before we got engaged!
  19. We married 8 months later!
  20. My daughter, Alyssa, is 19.
  21. My son, Ryan, is 16.
  22. My daughter, Kaylie, is 9.
  23. My son, Aaron, is 6.
  24. I work for the Senior Pastor at my church.
  25. My husband and I helped to plant the church we attend 14 years ago.
  26. I love my job!
  27. I teach Sunday School for 4-5 year olds.
  28. I sing in our House of Prayer and on the Worship Team.
  29. I love to show the Lord's heart through abstract painting.
  30. I don't like laundry.
  31. I despise housework.
  32. I love to cook.
  33. I plan our meals weekly (it keeps me sane)
  34. My favorite food is Chinese
  35. I am addicted to coffee.
  36. I absolutely love chocolate.
  37. I have been on a missions trip to Honduras.
  38. I have been to Hawaii twice.
  39. I don't like cold weather.
  40. I don't like hot weather.
  41. I love to read.
  42. I love to write.
  43. I am addicted to Facebook.
  44. Yes, I have play Farmville.
  45. Yes, I have a Cafe.
  46. Yes, I am building a Hotel City!
  47. My love language is a toss up between quality time and physical touch, but I will accept gifts!
  48. I listen mainly to worship music.
  49. I don't like to wear eye makeup.  It takes too long to put on.
  50. I love Bare Minerals!
  51. My favorite color is purple.
  52. My favorite season is Spring!
  53. I dream of writing a devotional book one day.
  54. My first car was a Ford Pinto.
  55. I type 90wpm.
  56. I take shorthand.  My speed once was 80wpm.  Still comes in handy today!
  57. I am allergic to Penicillan and Septra.
  58. I prefer Peet's Coffee over Starbucks, but there is only one Peet's in our town!
  59. I am a night owl, usually turning in between 12:30-1:00a.m.
  60. I do my best blogging at night.
  61. I am not much of a pet lover.  We own a dog and a rabbit, but you won't see me spending much time with them.  Sad, I know.
  62. I would like to get a nose piercing one day.  Do you think I am too old?
  63. I would like to get a tattoo of a small butterfly and the word "freedom" on my ankle one day.
  64. I have never broken a bone.
  65. In the summer I splurge and get pedicures every couple of weeks.
  66. Flip flops are my best friend (but don't tell that to my bone spur -- Ouch!)
  67. I love popcorn.  It is my nightly snack of choice.
  68. I have joined Weight Watchers at least four times and am still trying to lose weight.
  69. I just joined a gym.  Now, I just need to go!
  70. I just invested $100 in a pair of tennis shoes.
  71. My favorite store to do general shopping is Target.
  72. My favorite store to do grocery shopping is Food Max, but I go wherever the sales are.
  73. My favorite clothing store is Avenue and JCPennys.
  74. I clip coupons, but often forget the binder at home.  I need a new system.
  75. I put salt on almost everything.
  76. I wish I had learned to play an instrument.  Some would say it's not too late but when would I have the time?
  77. If I could play an instrument, my choice would be keyboard.
  78. If I could live anywhere besides California it would be someplace tropical, but not too hot.
  79. I do not like the snow unless I am looking at it through the window from a nice warm cabin.  Burrrr...Too cold for me!
  80. I have never done anything too adventures.
  81. I tried snorkeling once.  I floated on the top of the water and looked down.  It was pretty funny. 
  82. I am afraid of ocean water.
  83. I nearly drowned in the ocean as a youngster.
  84. I love to watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition - makes my cry every time.
  85. I love to watch Food Network.  I think I gain weight just by watching it.
  86. I am addicted to reading blogs. How many blogs can you follow in your Google Reader anyways?
  87. I despise ants.  When they appear, I just can't deal with them.  Especially if they are in my food pantry.
  88. I was in San Francisco when the Loma Prieta Earthquake struck in 1989.  
  89. I love Pasta Figioli soup at Olive Garden.
  90. I use to love to scrapbook.  But back then I was a super perfectionist so it would take all day to finish one page.
  91. I love Jesus with all of my heart.
  92. My preferred method of exercise is walking.
  93. My favorite dessert is peach cobbler.
  94. I love lavender and vanilla scents.
  95. My dream vacation would be to Ireland! Such a beautiful place.
  96. I wear my slippers to the store.
  97. I would love to learn to take better photos.
  98. I would give anything to have my grandmother here with me again!  Miss her!
  99. This was hard to do.
  100. I hope I didn't bore you!
WOW, this was ALOT harder than I thought it would be.  My mind kept drawing a blank.  I am really more interesting than all of this, Really! Thank you for reading and for giving me the chance to share my life with you!

Labels: