This Page

has been moved to new address

Captivating Bible Study - Week Three (Wounds)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Captivating Bible Study - Week Three (Wounds)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Captivating Bible Study - Week Three (Wounds)

healing heart Pictures, Images and Photos

In this week's Captivating Bible Study, we discussed wounds.  I have to admit that I had a very hard time getting through this one.  About a week ago, a dear friend of mine shared a testimony with the entire world on CBN that touched deep places in my heart that I had forgotten were there.  Well, maybe I didn't forget, but I certainly pushed them down far enough that I tricked myself into believing they weren't there anymore. Even though I did not experience the same exact pain she did, the fact is I still have pain, wounds that are so deep that I buried them so that I could forget.  Although I walked through some pretty intense emotional healing in some of these areas about a year ago and made progress, God still had more He wanted to do. But I chose to simply put a Band-Aid on those wounds and move on.  But God, in His great love for me and in His gentleness, has reminded me that I do not have to remain in this place -- a broken, fragmented person.  He desires that my heart be fully healed and restored.


As Easter Sunday approaches, I've been thinking about His sacrifice.  Jesus paid the ultimate price for not only my sin, but my hurt and pain, by going to the cross.  He shed His blood for me, that I might be saved.  He was beaten that I might be whole.  He was whipped so that I might be healed.
But he was pierced for our rebellion
crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole.
He was whipped so we could be healed.  (Isaiah 53:5)
Every heartache, wound, transgression against me, every sin that caused a self-inflicted wound -- it was all paid for as He hung there on the cross. Have I chosen willingly to hold onto my hurt?  Maybe.  My wounds have become such a part of me that it's hard to imagine life without them.  Sound odd?  And I think too that sometimes they are just too hard to look at.  It's easier to bury them and try and forget.  But I can never forget His sacrifice -- His willing, unselfish sacrifice -- one he gave just for me.  His death on the cross not only secured my salvation and my place in Heaven, but it reminds me that I no longer have to live in bondage to past hurts.


And even though I want to embrace this reality of what the Son of God experienced and willingly gave Himself up for -- my wholeness and healing (as well as my salvation), I continue to ask myself, "Is my heart ready?"  But I trust God with my heart so I say YES!  I am ready.  It may take some time to get through it all.  Even just removing the Band-Aid could cause a certain amount of discomfort if it's been there for a while.  And then there's the healing ointment that must be poured onto the wound, and that often stings.  And then the wound may begin to fester and ooze as the infection comes to the surface. But after a little while, the infected heart will begin to heal and sooner or later the open wound will close and there will be no more pain, and all evidence of a wound will be removed.  Not even a scar will remain!


Are there wounds in your heart that you are still carrying?  Jesus paid for each and every one of them on the cross.  He desires that you walk in freedom and wholeness.  Will you trust Him to walk with you through your pain?  He is a gentle, loving Daddy.  Will you start by allowing Him to simply remove the Band-Aid as I have?  He will never give you more than you can handle.  He is so good!

Labels: , ,