This Page

has been moved to new address

Beyond the Cross

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Beyond the Cross

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Beyond the Cross

As Easter Sunday approaches, I've been reflecting on the ultimate sacrifice that Jesus paid for me by going to the cross.  He gave of Himself willingly, without hesitation. He suffered great pain, humiliation and feelings of abandonment and detachment from the Father.  Oh how it must have grieved God, but only for a moment, because in that moment where Jesus took His last breath and said, "It is finished", the most selfless, enduring, intense and extreme love was displayed.  He did this all for me simply because He loves me!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
I think sometimes it's easy to place ourselves at the foot of the cross and sort of camp there in our pain, our grief, our own humiliations and feelings of abandonment.  And even though we must take time to reflect on the cross and remember what He did, we must also choose to look beyond the cross.  It's because of the cross, through His shed blood, that I can lay hold of all that is rightfully mine beyond the cross.


BEYOND THE CROSS I am cleansed of all my sin.
But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, cleanses us from all sin.  (1 John 1:7)


BEYOND THE CROSS I have eternal life.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  (John 3:16)


BEYOND THE CROSS I have freedom.
The Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  (2 Corinthians 3:17)


BEYOND THE CROSS I have healing, both physically and emotionally.
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5)


BEYOND THE CROSS I have joy.
You make known to me the path of life, in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  (Psalm 16:11)



BEYOND THE CROSS I have protection.
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.  (Proverbs 18:10)

BEYOND THE CROSS I have provision.
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 4:19)

These are just a few of the things that I am looking to beyond the cross.  Jesus paid the price for these things, and so much more, out of His sacrifice of love. What are some of the things that you are claiming for yourself beyond the cross?

Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday!

Labels: ,