This Page

has been moved to new address

Monday Miscellany

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Monday Miscellany

Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Miscellany

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

It's time for another Miscellany Monday hosted by the lovely Carissa at lowercase letters.  I love Mondays, but only because I get to do this!

{1}...This weekend was the annual "Festival of the Arts".  I get irritated because I try to go places, like Target, Peets Coffee or to church and alot of the streets are blocked off.  It's so not fair.  I mean, come on people, I live here. I should be able to get from point A to point B without having to take a detour. Even though I love arts and crafts, I never go.  Too many people and I would spend way too much money.

{2}...In a few weeks, I am whisking my hubby away for the weekend to celebrate our 22nd Anniversary.  Shhhhh, don't tell him.  It's a surprise.

{3}...Took my 10 year old school shopping. Her favorite store, Justice.  They have these cute jeans called Jeggins. They are basically leggings in jean style.  With my daughter being so skinny and petite, they look great on her! I splurged and bought her two pair.  They were $37.00 each, although I did have a 40% off coupon AND because of how much I spent (picking up a few other things), I have $80 in "free" money to use later.

(Picture courtesy of Justice)

{4}...We have a family of worshippers.  My teeange age son and daugther both lead worship in our House of Prayer.  Kaylie, my 10 year old, loves to sing and is teaching herself to play piano.  All of my children (with the exception of my 7 year old) and my husband play guitar.  I am a little jealous.  I sing, yes, but no where near the level they do.  And I do not play an instrument.  Maybe now that my daughter had a piano given to her, and my little girl is teaching herself to play, I can do that too?  Time, oh where is the time?  Oh, if you would like to see a clip of my little girl playing and singing, I posted one on my Facebook page.

{5}...I am usually very good at menu planning and visiting 5 different stores to get the best deals on everything for my meal planning.  But over the last few weeks, Monday has come and I've had nothing lined up and no motivation to do it.  I'd rather sit here, typing my Miscellany Monday post, than try and create a grocery list.  Maybe I am bored with our food rotation and need to change it up a bit?  Any ideas?  What are you having for dinner?  Want to share the recipe?

{6}...Okay, so I've been desperately looking for a new skin care line of entirely Paraben free products.  I have tried a couple and just wasn't happy with them.  Imagine my delight when I walked into The Body Shoppe over the weekend and found this

Absolutely NO Parabens and it's supposed to help my older skin look younger.  Bonus!  I can't wait to try it.  I put some of the moisturizer on my hand and I loved it.  Oh, and to put in another perk for this fabulous store (which I never shop at, until now), they are campaigning to fight human trafficking, which is very dear to my heart.  Matter of fact, if you go in and sign their petition, they will give you $5 off of your purchase.  You can read about the petition and sign it on line here.  I love that I get to partner with this store to fight for the rights of young women in this way.


Well, I'd better get my rear in gear and start thinking about meal planning.  Have a blessed Monday friends!

Labels: